Branding, services, products, pricing, blogs, advertising, and social media — it’s all part of the promotional process. With all the promotion options out there, it can be difficult for small businesses to know what to do. A concentrated effort is what you need to push your brand across a variety of platforms and ensure that enough makes it through to your customer. Customers need to hear your message several times, so brand, brand, brand!
Hosting events is a smart, effective and fun way to promote your business’ brand and to attract new deals and customers. There are countless types of events to choose from but not all will fit your business type. To make things easy on you, we’ve compiled a short list of some of our favorite event ideas specifically well-suited for small businesses.
1) Workshops – Customers absolutely love learning new skills and how to use products properly. One simple way to add value to your services and bring people through your front door is to host an interactive demonstration featuring your products. This can even work for businesses that are more service oriented.
2) Charity Events – People want to support businesses that hold similar values to their own. Throwing an event to bring awareness to not only your business but also a worthy cause will bode well for your brand and tap into an existing pool of supporters, those who are already involved with your chosen charity. If you decide to go the charity route, try to choose a charity that is closely related to your type of business.
Check with the charity if they’d be willing to announce your event in their newsletter or on their website or social media platforms. They’ll likely be more than happy to promote on your behalf if a percentage of proceeds will benefit their organization and bonus for you, you’ll be exposed to an entire pool of individuals likely interested in supporting your event.
3) Partner Events – If you’re a newer business and don’t have a large pool of customers to invite to your event, search for a complimentary business in your area that would be willing to co-host with you. This is a terrific way to tap into an audience that is likely interested in what you’re selling. Also, partnering with a well-established business lends a certain level of credibility to your own.
4) Online – Short on cash? No problem! Hosting an online event, like a webinar, is an inexpensive way to connect with your customers. Topics for webinars can be wide ranging, such as:
- Introducing your company or owner
- Hosting a demo
- Knowledge-based webinars
- Enlist the help of loyal customers to share their experience with your business
- Q&A Sessions
#ourplacemelbourne #ourplaceisyourplace #melbournemeetingrooms #meetingrooms #eventorganisers #boutiqueeventspace #melbournevenue #morethanjustavenue #melbourneevents #businessbuildingevents
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
At Our Place Melbourne we are passionate about doing everything we can to make your event outrageously successful. Despite only launching in March 2017 we have made a big impact with our high value offering, our dedication to community, and our commitment to offering a uniquely personalised event hosting service for all of our clients and their guests. Stay tuned for our next big announcement. It’s always just around the corner. And please, don’t hesitate to contact us here, or in Facebook. Or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org We are only a message away.