Celebrations in your small business can range from monthly birthday parties to rewards for company accomplishments. The benefits of these celebrations go beyond the enjoyment of the party itself. Your team will gain intangible rewards from the group events, whether they take place during work or after hours.
Whether it’s a company birthday, celebrating a success, marking a milestone or the annual company awards night, it’s a big deal and people will be talking about it for a long time (at least until the next one).
To pull off a successful celebratory party, there are a few top tips you can follow to make the event great!
1) Determine your budget. The amount of resources you have available will definitely determine the size, theme and venue of the event. Stick to the budget to avoid severe cuts or scrambling for extra funds right before the day of the party. But also remember to be as generous (as your budget allows). Your team have worked hard for you all year and they are looking for a show of appreciation. If you want a champagne event on a beer budget, consider getting sponsors for catering food and drinks.
2) Involve your team. Ask them about the best office parties they’ve ever been to and what they enjoyed the most. They will enjoy and appreciate the fact that their input is important, which will boost attendance numbers as they feel involved.
3) Make your event memorable by choosing the right location. A big part of ensuring a successful gathering is choosing the perfect place from a variety of party venues. Picking a place with the right vibe, a big enough space, and great amenities can make or break the party you’re planning.
4) Think about hiring entertainers to help break the ice. It can be a band, a DJ a magician, a local choral group or anything else which can cover for those awkward silences which are bound to occur.
5) Include games to encourage mingling among your team. All of that positive public exposure is the added benefit of throwing a celebratory party. Your party can build camaraderie between everyone whether they’re from different locations, departments, or generations.
Celebratory parties in your small business have the potential to have the greatest effect on company culture and team morale. Follow these tips and your parties will surely be remembered and talked about by everybody.
#ourplacemelbourne #ourplaceisyourplace #melbournemeetingrooms #meetingrooms #eventorganisers #boutiqueeventspace #melbournevenue #morethanjustavenue #melbourneevents #businessbuildingevents
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
At Our Place Melbourne we are passionate about doing everything we can to make your event outrageously successful. Despite only launching in March 2017 we have made a big impact with our high value offering, our dedication to community, and our commitment to offering a uniquely personalised event hosting service for all of our clients and their guests. Stay tuned for our next big announcement. It’s always just around the corner. And please, don’t hesitate to contact us here, or in Facebook. Or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org We are only a message away.