Some business owners tend to look at victory celebrations as excess costs that are unnecessary. They believe that closing deals and moving the business forward is the employee’s job and that their standard salary should be enough.
Usually, the wins (whether big or small) that propel your business forward are hard won. They take time, effort, and extreme dedication on behalf of your entire team. Success is a result of your team’s efforts, and you have to celebrate those efforts if you want to foster positive morale going forward.
Remember to give people constant reinforcement. Here are a few ways how:
- Make sure to thank them. Employees seek guidance from management for ways to behave and if their efforts are constantly overlooked, they become less invested in their work and the company. You can give as many rewards and perks to your employees as you want, but a genuine “Thank You” can go a long way and will gain you a more profound entrenched respect from your team.
- Informal and formal recognition is key. Recognize your team’s wins at the beginning of meetings so that they will know that their efforts are valued. Likewise, it is a great practice to acknowledge the victories of members who work virtually so they feel like they are part of the team as well.
- Go out for dinner and drinks after work. This may sound a bit simple but this is foolproof. Whether you just concluded a year long project or had a very tiring week full of tight deadlines, don’t just give a quick pat on the back and leave everyone to be on their way. Create a spirit of camaraderie by getting together as a team to celebrate a job well done. Too hard to get everyone together after work? Have lunch catered in the workplace, instead.
- Hold an annual awards ceremony. To celebrate the success of the individuals that make your company what it is, you could have an annual awards ceremony. But don’t worry, this doesn’t have to be as grandiose as it sounds. Awards ceremonies can be very simple and everyone can get involved in deciding which awards should be voted for. The awards should include the small wins that have lead up to the overall success of the team. Create certificates out of coloured card, order pizza to the office—the options are endless. Involve your team in the planning and you’re sure to have a great time.
- Revamp performance bonuses. Businesses are beginning to put bonus-granting in the hands of the employees themselves. The result is a reward system that cater to a more personal level which makes a huge difference to the team’s job satisfaction.
Every win counts, no matter how big or small, and wins should be celebrated. So keep the energy and momentum alive with these tips to recognize and applaud your team’s success. Remember, it is always important to be absolutely clear about what you are celebrating and why, so that your employees know what to do in order to follow in the footsteps of their success in the future.
#ourplacemelbourne #ourplaceisyourplace #melbournemeetingrooms #meetingrooms #eventorganisers #boutiqueeventspace #melbournevenue #morethanjustavenue #melbourneevents #businessbuildingevents
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
At Our Place Melbourne we are passionate about doing everything we can to make your event outrageously successful. Despite only launching in March 2017 we have made a big impact with our high value offering, our dedication to community, and our commitment to offering a uniquely personalised event hosting service for all of our clients and their guests. Stay tuned for our next big announcement. It’s always just around the corner. And please, don’t hesitate to contact us here, or in Facebook. Or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org We are only a message away.